Macrosynergy Research (formerly Systemic Risk and Systematic Value) is a free educational site dedicated to responsible macro trading strategies and ethical value generation. Ethical value generation here means the use of methods that meet three necessary conditions.
- Investor value: The method must produce long-term expected value for the owner of the managed assets in form of significant risk-adjusted returns over and above standard benchmarks, after all costs have been deducted.
- Social value: The method must produce wider benefits for society, typically by enhancing the efficiency of capital allocation and by helping to improve the management of the world’s macroeconomic risks.
- Beneficial momentum: The dissemination of the method, i.e. its wider and more intense use across the financial community, must increase the returns of those that develop and deploy the method and the benefits for society at large.
The research posted on this site essentially draws from three sources.
- Discussions with senior professionals in investment management, particularly in the macro trading field.
- Relevant articles from academic authors or research institutes,
- Applied research of market strategists and market economists.
Founder and editor of the Macrosynergy research site is Ralph Sueppel. He has worked in economics and finance for almost 30 years for investment banks, the European Central Bank and leading hedge funds.