About The Project
Macrosynergy Research (formerly Systemic Risk and Systematic Value) is a free educational site dedicated to responsible macro trading strategies and ethical value generation. Ethical value generation here means the use of methods that meet three necessary conditions.
- Investor value: The method must produce long-term expected value for the owner of the managed assets in form of significant risk-adjusted returns over and above standard benchmarks, after all costs have been deducted.
- Social value: The method must produce wider benefits for society, typically by enhancing the efficiency of capital allocation and by helping to improve the management of the world’s macroeconomic risks.
- Beneficial momentum: The dissemination of the method, i.e. its wider and more intense use across the financial community, must increase the returns of those that develop and deploy the method and the benefits for society at large.
The research posted on this site essentially draws from three sources.
- Discussions with senior professionals in investment management, particularly in the macro trading field.
- Relevant articles from academic authors or research institutes,
- Applied research of market strategists and market economists.
Founder and editor of the Macrosynergy Research site is Ralph Sueppel. He has worked in economics and finance for almost 30 years for investment banks, the European Central Bank and leading hedge funds.
The blog and research on this site have been prepared by SRSV Ltd. based on information and estimates believed to be informative and reliable. Information and estimates have not been independently verified and no guarantee, representation or warranty, express or implied, is made as to its accuracy, completeness, correctness, or relevance. SRSV Ltd. and its directors or owners shall have no liability, contingent or otherwise, for any claims or damages arising in connection from the use of macroeconomic trend indicators and comments or from any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the macroeconomic trend indicators and comments.
Some of the data contained in this publication may have been obtained from other sources and SRSV Ltd. does not make makes any express or implied warranties or representations with respect to such data and expressly disclaims all warranties of originality, accuracy, completeness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to any of such data.
The research is intended for the sole use by professional investors for the purpose of discussion of ideas and views. Nothing in this research should be construed as financial advice. The material contained herein is the sole opinion of SRSV Limited.
The text, images and other materials contained or displayed in this Macro Trend Indicator reports, e-mails or the web site are proprietary to SRSV Ltd. and constitute valuable intellectual property. No material from any part of any SRSV Ltd. web site may be reproduced or in any other way used or otherwise disseminated in any form without the explicit written consent of SRSV Ltd. All unauthorized reproduction or other use of material from SRSV Ltd. shall be deemed wilful infringement on copyright and other proprietary and intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, rights of privacy.
SRSV Ltd. expressly reserves all rights in connection with its intellectual property. SRSV Ltd. reserves the right, without further notice, to pursue to the fullest extent allowed by the law any and all criminal and civil remedies for the violation of its rights.